- Duration: 1 Year
- Credits: 120 Credits
- Campus: City Campus
If you want a career in Business, this is the programme you want to enrol in!
This programme aims to equip you with the skills needed to be a competent employee in the workplace. Geared towards industry standards, you will be introduced to the different sectors in the workplace and their purposes.
After completing this programme, you can either pathway into further study, or join the workforce in the various positions this programme outlines.
What You Will Learn:
- Developing competency in business communications
- Explore key approaches in business industry
- Understanding a variety of business sectors and working within them
Academic Entry: Students must have a Higher School Certificate or equivalent, National Certificate in Business Administration and Computing - Level 3 or:
National Certificate in Business (Introductory) - Level 4 or:
Relevant business experience
English Requirement: Students whose first language is not English must provide evidence of competency in English language equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (Academic) with no band less then 5.0 or NZSE’s Internal English Test (except for student’s from countries where the student visa decline rate is more than 20 percent of total student visa applications in that country).
120 credits with 8 papers
Graduates may progress to:
- Bachelor of Business at Massey University
- NZSE's New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management) (Level 6)
- Business qualifications at degree level
- Relevant industry or professional qualifications at Level 6 or above.
- Award of this qualification with the Accounting strand may equip graduates towards achievement of the academic requirements for NZICA’s Accounting Technicians College.
- Finance Administrator
- Accounts Receivable/Payable Officer
- Inventory Controller
- Project And Event Administrator
- Office Manager
- Personal/Executive Assistant
- Project And Event Administrators
Administration and Technology Strand
Leadership and Management Strand
Project Management Strand