- Duration: 17 Weeks
- Credits: 63
- Campus: New Lynn, Manukau
Love the idea of being able to engage alongside young children? Our NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECE) is a good starting point towards reaching that goal!
Providing the necessary foundation towards helping educate and care for infants, toddlers, and young children, this programme will put you on the right track towards taking your role in the Early Childhood Care industry and help grow the young minds of New Zealand. This programme also allows you to continue your tertiary education with our Diploma in Early Childcare – and beyond!
What You Will Learn:
- The foundation to education and care for young children
- Childhood education and how to apply it in its environment
- How to care for young children
- Skills applicable to young children domestic to New Zealand
Regardless of the mode of delivery this course is delivered English.
• A minimum age of 17 years old and completed 3 years secondary education and/or achieved NCEA Level 1, or an equivalent qualification, or 20 years or over.
• An interview (by Skype, or similar, for international students),
• Complete a police vetting check,
• A statement of personal interest in the qualification (included with the enrolment form), and
• Two confidential referee reports.
Provisional entry may be granted to domestic applicants who do not meet the criteria above, but present evidence of ability to succeed and are able to show they are well prepared to study the programme.
This qualification will help you land a role in the Early Childcare industry, or move up in the field by staying on for our Diploma in Early Childhood & Care (Level 5)
Zero-Fee for 16 - 19 under Youth Guarantee scheme!