- Duration: 21 Weeks
- Credits: 70
- Campus: New Lynn, Manukau
Want to further develop your skills in the healthcare sector? Our Level 3 Healthcare programme is designed to help you make meaningful steps into the workplace!
Our Healthcare programme aims to develop your skills to work in a holistic manner as non-clinical health support worker. It will teach you the info needed to provide a high level of care to enhance the general wellbeing of those you care for and their respective families and communities. This programme will also prepare you for further studies, along with being eligible for the workplace with pay starting at $22.50!
What you will learn:
- How to provide person-centred support in a professional manner to people and their families/whanau within their community
- How to recognise changes in the people they are supporting and respond appropriately following ethical and professional guidelines
- Use and maintain equipment to move people in a health, disability or aged care context
- Understand the holistic needs of individuals in a health, disability, palliative or aged care context
- There are no general entry requirements for this programme, however learners enrolling are expected to hold either NCEA Level 1 or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- English language entry requirements: Applicants must have sufficient competence in the English language to undertake the programme which is taught and assessed in English.
This qualification will give you an opportunity in a role in the healthcare industry with a competitive salary. After completing this qualification, you are entitled to receive at least $22.50 an hour as of July 1st 2018.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
▪ Work within the responsibilities and boundaries a caregiver role
▪ Perform entry-level person-centred tasks and functions in a health or wellbeing setting
▪ Recognise and report risks and/or changes in a person and/or family/whānau
▪ Communicate to support a person’s health or wellbeing
▪ Progress to the next level of qualification
Domestic students only: $2,973